There are issues in terms of road safety. Such as staying awake, which depends more on the driver than on the vehicle’s conditions, the road, or the weather. What driver has not had a dream behind the wheel?
It’s very dangerous. It is estimated that 30% of traffic accidents, more than 1.4 million drivers, are due to loss of attention caused by drowsiness. Eight hundred thousand of these accidents were severe or very serious.
It is convenient to wake up on this matter! In this article, we are trying to explain how to stay awake while driving. If you have to go for a long drive, then it will be effective for you. So. let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to stay awake while driving in the morning
Do you know how many people are facing a road accidents every year? According to the World Health Organisation(Who), It is about 1.35 Million because of their unconsciousness.
So staying awake is very important while driving. From the statics 2013, the death rate which is occurred by road accidents per 100,000 inhabitants. Here are the 5 useful tricks for a skip road accident, which will keep you awake on the road’s long journeys.
● Load up on caffeine. I always like to drink warm coffee, a few energy drinks, and maybe a soda. Whatever works for you. But I need to have some caffeine for myself and get me through the road trip. You can take coffee or tea for relaxation; it will help you wake up your brain function.
● The ability to switch drivers is a great way to get through a long road trip. You can take your family members or friends for changing drivers when you have a 6-hour drive and two drivers. You can divide your drive time with another person. It helps you to remove boringness as well. This trick is not painful for anyone.
● It’s just a great way to switch drivers and abandon the road trip and plan for rest areas along the way. That could be a gas station. That could be a resting place.
● To get up and let your blood flow and your energy goes. Take a 15-minute nap. It’s incredible how power naps can help you regain vigilance, and reset your system.
● Power naps are incredible for that, and this hack seemed to work well. It is to put ice on your face. You know, on your forehead, on your eyes, just about anywhere. It only helps to wake you up. Perhaps to end this journey or to get to the next exit safely. I hope this helped you.
How does fatigue affect you, and what can you do to offset its effects?
The effects of sleep deprivation impair your vigilance; in other words, your attention to the environment impairs your reflexes, resulting in the overcorrection of errors. Short periods of sleep deprivation are much more common when people are just getting inadequate sleep hours on a given night.
That accumulates with time. You should drive less than 4 hours, and your risk of having a crash study has shown that just being awake for seventeen hours is the equivalent of going with a blood alcohol content of .05 percent.
The problem with driving fatigued is that regardless of any crazy stay-awake techniques, your peripheral vision and reaction time are affected well before your head starts to nod. So forget the loud music or energy drinks; the only cure for fatigue is sleep.
How to Stay Awake While Driving at Night
Especially at night, it is expected that you tend to doze off, especially after a long and tiring day. This, of course, is dangerous. If you ask me how to stay awake while driving at night, I’ll suggest the following points:
● Eat something when you are driving, try to eat something. It can increase the level of attention for a reasonable amount of time. Munch on chips or some similar spicy snack that doesn’t fill you up and lasts a long time. Eat slowly – the longer you pick from the potato chip bag, the easier it will stay awake.
Alternatively, eat sunflower seeds one at a time. Avoid sugary foods and drinks, as they make you sleepy. Chew gum is beneficial for your mouth busy and active in your brain. It is the trick used by truckers, and it works well!
● Listen to music: You can listen to your favorite playlist on your mobile. But don’t listen to the music you like, especially if it’s rhythmic and relaxing, but the one you hate.
If possible, tune into a station you don’t usually listen to and turn the volume up. Sing on the radio or have a conversation with someone in the car. Singing and talking are two active things that don’t interfere with your driving.
How to stay awake while driving without caffeine
Sometimes caffeine doesn’t suit all people. This matter varies from person to person. So if you are interested in knowing how you can stay awake without caffeine, then read this section gently.
When you are going for a long drive then you should take water frequently. As a result, it removes tiredness and dehydration. Mainly dehydration causes fatigue as well.
● Try to Avoid substances:
we use lots of medicine to feel better. Some drugs have little power, and some are massive power. Some medications can make you sleepy. So when you decided to drive for a long time. Then you shouldn’t take those pills or other medicine. You should follow; if you take alcohol regularly, you shouldn’t take it when you are going for a long time.
● Cool and ventilate the car:
When you enter the car, try to temperature around 20 ° C and try to use comfortable and relaxed cloth to refresh.
Finally, it will be said that the most important thing is that the driver is aware of being drowsy. Many overestimate their driving ability even when they are very sleepy, and their eyes are closed.
If your body is weak and not suited for the journey, then try to skip driving. I hope your confusion about how to stay awake while driving is finally solved. If you have any asks let me know via email, and you may also know us by commenting on the blog.